Justin J. Chi is an associate in the intellectual property (IP) practice.
Practice & Background
Mr. Chi received his J.D. from Washington University School of Law in 2011; his M.S. in electrical engineering from California State University, Long Beach in 2014; and his B.S in biochemistry from California State University, Long Beach in 2008. While in law school, Mr. Chi served as an intern with the New York County District Attorney’s Office and with the City Attorney’s Office of the City of Hawthorne, California.
Mr. Chi has represented clients in a variety of industries, including telecommunications, advertising, data analytics, software and electronics. His litigation experience includes drafting dispositive briefs, conducting all aspects of discovery, taking depositions, arguing at Markman, and assisting experts in the preparation of expert reports and expert declarations. In addition to IP litigation, Mr. Chi has experience in IP transactions, including merger and acquisition and IP licensing experience.
Mr. Chi’s recent engagements include:
- defending a major data analytics and marketing company in patent litigation involving email marketing (E.D. Tex.)
- defending a smartphone manufacturer in patent litigation involving DLNA media streaming (E.D. Tex.)
- defending a major personal computer manufacturer in patent litigation involving LCD display technology (D. Del.)
- defending a major personal computer manufacturer in patent litigation involving the DisplayPort standard (E.D. Tex.).
Mr. Chi’s community involvement includes:
- serving as a member of the Dallas Asian American Bar Association
- serving as a member of the Dallas Association of Young Lawyers.