- Recognized leader in advanced aviation policy with nearly 20 years of experience in legislative advocacy, regulation, coalition building, partnership development and industry engagement at the federal, state and local levels.
- Represented key stakeholders on four Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) related Aviation Rulemaking Committees, as a member of the Federal Drone Advisory Committee’s Subcommittee on the Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) Unmanned Aircraft Safety Team and on several UAS industry working groups.
- Organized and managed more than 20 successful aviation industry conferences and summits to promote thought leadership and best practice implementation and launched a UAS security and enforcement training program for airport operators.
- Founded the 26 Coalition for UAS Safety, which includes nearly 30 associations and companies representing the traditional aviation community.
- Co-founded a management consulting firm that provides strategic guidance, market analysis, state-of-the-art assessments to federal agencies and major original equipment manufacturers in the areas of Urban Air Mobility (UAM), UAS and other advanced aviation technology.
Justin Towles is well known throughout the aviation industry as a fierce advocate for advancing aerospace technology, identifying attainable cross-sections between innovation and safety and forging consensus among diverse stakeholders.
Public Service and Affiliations