- Concentrates his practice on private investment funds and complex corporate transactions for institutional investors and private equity and hedge fund sponsors.
Kapil Pandit regularly counsels investors, including family offices, high-net-worth individuals and sovereign wealth funds, in connection with their investments in private investment funds, including hedge funds, private equity funds and fund of funds. He also represents fund sponsors in connection with the formation and operation of private equity and hedge funds and other alternative investment matters in various jurisdictions.
- Advised the financial investment arm of a sovereign wealth fund in raising new commitments from third-party investors and in its spinout from the sovereign wealth fund through a stapled secondary whereby a portfolio of private equity assets was syndicated through a structured fund solution.
- Counseled a family office of an ultra-high-net-worth individual in the spinout of its private equity team.
- Represented a global asset manager in the formation of a $1.5 billion fund of one for an employee retirement system.
- Acted on behalf of an investment advisor to high-net-worth individuals and family offices with investments into third-party managed private equity, hedge and venture capital funds.
- Represented an investment advisor in the formation of a fund of funds vehicle for a Canadian pension fund.
Public Service and Affiliations