- Represents corporate and institutional clients in high-stakes class action and commercial litigation nationwide.
- Counsels clients on consumer-facing communications, privacy policies, and terms and conditions to facilitate statutory compliance and mitigate aggregate litigation risk.
- Significant first-chair, civil trial experience in complex jury trials, bench trials and arbitration hearings.
- Leads the firm’s retail industry group and is an advocate for, and advisor to, many of the world’s most prominent retailers.
Kate Deal is a tactical litigator who designs and implements successful strategies to defeat complex cases and minimize litigation risk for her clients.
Class Actions, Trials, and Complex Litigation Matters*
- Represented an insurer in a multibillion-dollar, putative class action under the Texas Driver’s Privacy Protection Act; won dismissal of the action.
- Represented a leading retail trade association as amicus curiae in a New Jersey state court appeal on the scope of the Truth-in-Consumer Contract, Warranty, and Notice Act.
- Represented a retail association in submitting comments to the Federal Communications Commission to curb litigation abuse under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act.
- Represented an oil and gas producer and its affiliates in putative class actions, mass actions, a state attorney general action, and individual lawsuits and arbitrations involving royalty disputes.
- Represented a national retailer in putative class actions challenging its co-branded credit card program and gift card program; favorably settled or obtained early dismissal of each case.
Public Service and Affiliations