Kathryn Demander’s practice focuses on complex commercial litigation in federal and state courts.
Practice & Background
Ms. Demander has experience representing companies in a wide range of complex commercial and business disputes. These representations often involve contract, business tort, and employment matters. Ms. Demander is also actively involved in Akin Gump’s pro bono practice.
Ms. Demander received her B.S. magna cum laude in Political Science and her B.A. magna cum laude in Philosophy from Santa Clara University in 2010, where she became a member of Phi Beta Kappa. She received her J.D. with honors in 2013 from The University of Texas at Austin School of Law. While in law school, Ms. Demander served as an associate editor of Texas Law Review.
- Assisting committee of creditors in bankruptcy proceedings with analysis of debtors’ proposed settlement agreement connected to complex environmental litigation claims
- Representing commercial and residential lenders in contract disputes and regulatory compliance matters
- Representing pro bono clients in range of matters including in asylum proceedings, actions brought under 42 U.S.C. § 1983, and clemency petitions.
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
- Member, Dallas Association of Young Lawyers