- Litigates labor and employment disputes in federal and state courts and before government agencies.
- Clients include Fortune 500 companies and private equity firms and hedge funds.
Kelly Brown defends class and individual claims alleging employment discrimination, retaliation, workplace harassment, breach of contract, wage and hour violations, and breach of fiduciary duty under ERISA.
- Successfully defended a major sports hospitality and concession company in a multiplaintiff, age-discrimination lawsuit.
- Achieved a favorable result in collective bargaining agreements with multiple unions in connection with a client’s purchase of a newspaper business.
- Represented the New York Yankees in a salary arbitration with a starting pitcher.
- Before a government agency, successfully defended a
Fortune 100 company and its employees in a sexual harassment action.
- Successfully defended a large New York nonprofit in a Department of Labor investigation into the classification of workers as independent contractors.