- Is the senior clean energy and environmental consultant to the firm.
- Works with clients on issues related to energy and climate change mitigation.
- Has advised clients around the world to build stronger environmental governance systems.
Kenneth Markowitz advises leading public- and private-sector clients on a comprehensive range of energy policy, law and regulatory issues in relation to environmental stewardship, economic growth and energy security, both domestically and internationally. He provides advice regarding greenhouse gas, renewable fuels, energy efficiency, air pollution, and other climate and environmental regulation.
- Preparing regulatory comments and advocating before the EPA on numerous renewable fuel standard issues, including critical definitions of renewable biomass and renewable fuel, pathway process, reporting and attestation, compliance and enforcement.
- Advising clients on the regulations and process to register renewable fuel and Renewable Identification Numbers with the EPA, as well as numerous novel pathways and RIN generation.
- Successfully defended against multiple enforcement actions from the DOE alleging violations of the energy-efficiency regulations for both consumer and commercial products.
- Providing counsel to large industrial clients on greenhouse gas mitigation strategies, including on participation in carbon markers in California, Asia, Canada and Europe, as well as other carbon-pricing strategies.
- Assisted a client in obtaining Bio-Preferred status from the USDA for wood building materials.
Public Service and Affiliations