Practice & Background
Krystal Williams’ practice focuses on international arbitration and dispute resolution in connection with construction and engineering projects in the energy and infrastructure sectors.
Ms. Williams’ recent engagements include:
- ICC Arbitration (confidential client): Advising a European contractor concerning various claims arising out of changes to the works a New Port Project in Qatar.
- ICC Arbitration (confidential client): Advising an Eastern European development company on defending multi-million USD claims in respect of a large development in Azerbaijan.
- Confidential client: Advising a Japanese contractor on delay and disruption issues at a large liquefied natural gas plant in Qatar, in preparation for settlement and/or arbitration proceedings.
- Supreme Committee for Qatar 2022: Advice in relation to a standard suite of construction documentation relating to infrastructure for competition venues for the FIFA 2022 tournament.
- Adjudication (confidential client): Advising a contractor in relation to variation and delay claims under an amended JCT Standard Design and Build Contract 2011 in respect of works carried out at a heritage listed hotel in the United Kingdom.
- Adjudication (confidential client): Advising a contractor in relation to a dispute regarding the payment mechanism under an amended JCT Standard Building Sub-Contract 2011.
- Adjudication (confidential client): Advising a contractor in relation to a dispute under an amended JCT Intermediate Building Contract 2011 dealing with delay and associated claims.
- Confidential client: Advising a contractor in relation to a dispute dealing with complex contractual issues in respect of a PFI project in Manchester.
- Confidential client: Advising a joint venture regarding technical issues in respect of a dispute at a PFI project for the delivery of certain waste treatment facilities.