- More than a decade of legislative and advocacy experience.
- Previously served as deputy chief of staff and legislative director for former Rep. Geoff Davis (R-KY), assisting with work on the House Committee on Ways and Means and the House Financial Services Committee.
Lauren O’Brien advises clients on issues relating to tax and health policy, among others. She has more than seven years of experience as a House staffer and draws in particular on her involvement with the House Committee on Ways and Means. She provides proactive government affairs advice to clients as they look to develop successful lobbying and communication strategies.
- Instrumental in helping clients to navigate various Affordable Care Act repeal and replace proposals.
- Successfully assisted multiple clients in advocating for favorable policy changes during consideration of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017, including key wins to preserve a modified Orphan Drug Tax Credit and oppose the “First-In, First-Out” (FIFO) tax calculation rules for securities sales.
- Advised in securing appropriations line items for pro bono clients to assist veterans with readjustment and provide more addiction recovery opportunities in rural areas.
Public Service and Affiliations