- Practice focuses on negotiation and administration of collective bargaining agreements and negotiation of complex multiparty transactions.
- Served on the National Labor Relations Board.
Lawrence Levien has extensive experience in the negotiation and consummation of corporate acquisitions, bankruptcies and divestitures as the affect all levels of the employee complement. He focuses on clients encountering major restructuring challenges due to economic circumstances or industrywide dislocations.
- Represented employers with multiple union relationships and/or employers party to multi-employer agreements through the auspices of industry-wide associations. The interplay between the objectives of the client and the needs of the multiemployer group is a distinctive feature of his practice.
- Advised the Pipe Line Contractors Association (PLCA) in a variety of matters, including contract negotiation with the four industry crafts, litigation, National Labor Relations Board proceedings and other labor relations issues affected by a unionized workforce and union-based objectives.
- Provided representation to numerous individual construction companies in labor relations activities, including the drafting of proposed project labor agreements in conjunction with the project manager for the proposed Alaskan Natural Gas pipeline prior to its cancellation.
- Represented venues, in the entertainment and media industries, producers and presenters on the entertainment side of the industry, along with casino and resort hotels, in all facets of labor relations.
- Assisted in complex issues relating to the underfunding of multiemployer defined benefit plans, including withdrawal liability litigation and Pension Protection Act compliance.