Christy Slavik is a member of the firm’s litigation group. Ms. Slavik’s practice focuses on white collar defense and complex civil litigation.
Practice and Background
Prior to joining the firm in 2013, Ms. Slavik served as a law clerk to the Honorable Richard J. Sullivan of the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York (2011-2012), and the Honorable Marjorie O. Rendell of the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit (2012-2013).
Ms. Slavik graduated magna cum laude from Boston College in 2005 with a B.A. in French. She received her J.D. in 2011 from the University of Pennsylvania Law School, magna cum laude and Order of the Coif, where she served as an Articles Editor for the University of Pennsylvania Law Review.
Ms. Slavik’s recent engagements include:
- representing a leading financial institution in cross-border investigations of conduct in the spot FX market
- defending executive of a global investment services and technology firm in government investigations of sales practices
- conducting an internal investigation for the audit committee of a public company regarding potential improper accounting
- representing not-for-profit school for disabled students in investigation related to admissions procedures
- securing a win on behalf of a major beverage company in connection with a motion to dismiss putative class action based on alleged violations of New York State’s “bottle bill” and consumer fraud statute
- representing a major petroleum company in successfully dismissing an action based on the RICO Act and Russian law
- representing pro bono client in immigration proceedings.