- Concentrates practice on labor and employment matters, including litigation, arbitration and labor-management relations.
Elizabeth England counsels and defends employers in a broad range of labor and employment matters, including:
- Labor arbitration
- Collective bargaining agreement negotiation and administration
- Discrimination litigation and counseling
- Internal workplace investigations
- Proceedings before the National Labor Relations Board
- Government investigations
- Assisted a professional sports league in obtaining dismissal of nationwide putative class actions by former professional athletes claiming the league and its teams were responsible for injuries resulting from alleged improper administration of painkillers.
- Successfully defended a professional sports league in several court challenges to the suspensions of players for conduct detrimental to the game filed in Minnesota and New York courts.
- Represented a professional sports league in several labor arbitration matters.
- Represented a retail client in connection with a nationwide EEOC systemic pattern or practice investigation.
- Advised a sports and entertainment company regarding pay equity.