- Focuses on international cross-border mergers and acquisitions and international projects.
- Particular emphasis on oil and gas, mining, power and infrastructure projects.
- Has advised clients in more than 20 countries around the world with a concentration in the Asia Pacific region.
Michael Joyce assists clients with major projects across the energy, mining and infrastructure spaces.
- Advised Anadarko as the operator and lead developer of the Mozambique LNG Project in relation to the signing of a sale and purchase agreement (SPA) with JERA Co., Inc. in Japan and CPC Corporation in Taiwan. The agreement calls for the delivered ex-ship supply of 1.6 million tons per annum of liquefied natural gas (LNG) for an initial term of 17 years.
- Advised JX Nippon Oil & Energy in relation to its acquisition of an equity interest in Petronas’ train 9 liquefied natural gas (LNG) facility at its Bintulu LNG complex in Malaysia for more than US$400 million.
- Represented Blackpeak (Holdings) Limited, an investigative research firm with offices in Singapore, Hong Kong, PRC, Japan and US in the sale of 100% of its business to Acuris, a provider of global data, intelligence, research and analysis.
- Assisted a multinational in relation with its bid in conjunction with Glencore for Rio Tinto’s interest in the Coal & Allied assets in New South Wales, Australia.
- Served as counsel to Tellurian in connection with project structuring, equity financing, real estate and litigation matters in respect of its proposed Driftwood LNG export project in southwestern Louisiana on the U.S. gulf coast.