- Focuses on white collar defense and investigations and complex commercial litigation.
Mira Baylson regularly counsels clients and corporations on a wide range of legal and regulatory issues. She has extensive experience representing clients in matters arising from allegations involving:
- Foreign Corrupt Practice Act (FCPA)
- Customs violations
- Public corruption
- RICO (Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations)
- Insider trading
- Consumer privacy statutes
- Represented a high-ranking member of a large corporation facing criminal charges for violations of environmental regulations.*
- Advised on an internal investigation at a Fortune 500 company into possible FCPA violations.*
- Represented a client nonprofit in its dealings with state authorities regarding criminal liability of a former employee.*
- Defended an individual charged with RICO conspiracy.*
- Advised an individual in a public corruption investigation.*
*Matters handled prior to joining Akin Gump.
Public Service and Affiliations