Ms. Ngozi Anidi’s practice focuses on labor and employment matters.
Practice & Background
Ms. Anidi advises clients on employment litigation matters with a focus on class and collective actions arising under the Fair Labor Standards Act and various state wage and hour laws. Ms. Anidi represents clients in employment discrimination litigation and counsels her clients on workplace compliance with federal and state legislation. She also advises clients on claims involving employee classification and other wage and hour issues that affect employers. Ms. Anidi also works with clients on various employment issues, including executive employment agreements and separations, and employment diligence on corporate transactions. She also has experience counseling clients regarding noncompetition agreement enforceability. Prior to joining Akin Gump, Ms. Anidi was an associate at another international law firm.
Ms. Anidi was a member of Akin Gump’s 2011 summer associate class.
Ms. Anidi received her J.D. from Columbia Law School, where she was a Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar and an articles editor for The Columbia Human Rights Law Review. While a law student, she participated in a judicial externship with the Honorable Ronald L. Ellis of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York. She earned her B.A. in Political Science from Columbia University, where she was a Kluge Scholar and received the King’s Crown Leadership Award. During her undergraduate education, Ms. Anidi was a justice program intern at the Brennan Center for Justice at NYU School of Law, researching and drafting memoranda in the areas of employment, voting rights, poverty and welfare and access to courts.
- Representation of an insurance company in a nationwide class action alleging discrimination and retaliation in the context of a corporate reorganization of the company’s agency force
- Representation of a professional sports league in a putative class action alleging claims for concealment, intentional misrepresentation and conspiracy
- Representation of major retail company in nationwide FLSA collective actions challenging the exempt status of their employees.
Awards & Accolades
- Akin Gump’s labor and employment practice named as Law360 Employment Practice Group of the Year four times in the past seven years, including in 2009, 2013, 2015 and 2016
- Akin Gump’s sports practice named as Law360 Sports Practice Group of the Year in 2016.