Niki Roberts is an associate in the firm’s global energy and transactions practice.
Practice & Background
Niki’s practice focuses on oil and gas transactions with a focus on upstream and midstream transactions. She has experience with acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, private equity investments, and strategic transactions for public and private companies in the energy industry. Niki advises clients on a variety of oil and gas matters including purchase and sale agreements, joint exploration and development agreements, lease acquisition agreements, joint operating agreements, and production sharing agreements. She also counsels clients regarding title and operational issues.
Prior to joining the firm, Niki worked in upstream oil and gas, with experience in onshore, offshore and land administration.
Ms. Roberts’ recent experience includes:
- Newfield Exploration Company in connection with its $470 million acquisition of Stack Play assets from Chesapeake Exploration Company
- Gulfport Energy Corporation in connection with the $1.85 billion acquisition of SCOOP exploration and production assets from Vitruvian Exploration
- Stone Energy Corporation in its $2.5 billion merger with Talos Energy
- EP Energy in its $245 million acquisition of Eagle Ford Shale assets from Carrizo Oil & Gas
- The official committee of unsecured creditors of Vanguard Natural Resources in connection with its 363 auction sale of Permian Basin assets to Occidental
- Sanchez Energy Corporation in a joint development agreement with Blackstone Group LP in connection with a $2.3 billion acquisition of Eagle Ford Shale assets from Anadarko Petroleum Corporation
- Gulfport Energy Corporation in an $86.6 million acquisition of assets in the Utica Shale from XTO Energy Inc. and Phillips Exploration, LLC
- Gulfport Energy Corporation in a $50 million sale of assets in West Virginia to American Petroleum Partners Operating, LLC, an Apollo portfolio company
- a leading public E&P company in a combination of mergers and asset purchases to acquire assets in the Delaware Basin and the Powder River Basin for $2.3 billion
- Niki serves as a coach for the University of Houston Law Center Alternative Dispute Resolution Team, coaching teams for both the ABA Negotiation Competition and the South Texas Energy Law Competition. She also assists in preparing teams for the ICC Mediation Competition in Paris.
- American Bar Association
- Association of International Petroleum Negotiators
- Gulf Coast Power Association
- Women's Energy Network
Awards & Accolades
- Chief Articles Editor, Journal of Consumer and Commercial Law
- Petroleum Land Management Certificate
- Order of the Barristers
- World Champion, International Negotiation Competition - 2014