Olga Te focuses on international capital markets and corporate transactions in Russia, mergers and acquisitions and general corporate matters.
Ms. Te has advised both Russian and foreign investors on various aspects of Russian corporate, securities, real estate and competition law in connection with both equity and debt capital market deals, mergers and acquisitions of companies, establishment of joint ventures and structuring of real estate transactions.
Her experience covers a number of industry sectors, including electricity power, real estate, bakery and confectionary, insurance, retail and shipbuilding industries.
Practice & Background
Prior to joining Akin Gump, Ms. Te worked as an associate in the Moscow office of an international law firm and in the St. Petersburg, Russia, office of a major Scandinavian law firm.
Ms. Te’s engagements include advising:
- LUKOIL International Finance B.V. PJSC "LUKOIL": Rule 144A/Regulation S offering of $1 billion, 10 year 4.750% notes by LUKOIL International Finance B.V. and guaranteed by PJSC "LUKOIL"
- PJSC UTair on the $809 million refinancing of its debt portfolio
- AF Telecom, as majority shareholder, in the $1.7 billion IPO and listing of MegaFon, a leading mobile phone operator in Russia, on the London Stock Exchange.
- Detsky Mir, the leading retailer and wholesaler of children's goods in Russia, on the acquisition of Early Learning Centre franchise stores in Russia.
- O1 Properties Plc, one of the largest owners and managers of Class A and B+ office properties in Moscow, on its IPO and listing on the London Stock Exchange (terminated after preliminary prospectus printed).
- 4Finance, one of the largest online lending groups in Europe, on its debut Eurobond issue.
- JSC “FGC UES” the operator and manager of Russia’s unified electricity transmission grid system, on listing its global depositary receipts (GDRs) on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange
- VEB Leasing on its Eurobond issue
- Morgan Stanley and Deutsche Bank on a recent proposed IPO of a large Russian discount food retail chain. The transaction was put on hold
- Barclays Bank Plc as arrangers on the $7 billion program for the issuance of LPN by RSHB Capital S.A. for the purpose of financing loans to Russian Agricultural Bank
- RusHydro on its debut Eurobond issue. This is the first ruble-denominated Eurobond issued by a Russian corporation
- Russian Copper Company and Ural Mining and Metallurgical Company in connection with the acquisition of a controlling stake in OJSC Chelyabinsk Zinc Plant, a leading Russian zinc producer listed in London
Awards & Accolades
- The Best Lawyers 2018 – ranked among top Corporate and Mergers and Acquisitions lawyers in Russia
- The Best Lawyers 2016 - 2017 – ranked among top Mergers and Acquisitions lawyers in Russia