Randall Dorf’s practice focuses on public and private mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions and general corporate matters.
Practice and Background
Mr. Dorf represents financial and strategic buyers and sellers in global public and private mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures, strategic investments and financings.
Mr. Dorf’s experience also includes securities transactions, including IPOs and other registered offerings, Rule 144A offerings and private placements, and all aspects of registration and reporting under the Securities Act of 1933 and the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. He has experience in a broad spectrum of industries, including technology and software, life sciences, telecommunications, data storage and transport, cosmetics, media, advertising, software and public utilities.
Prior to joining Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP, Mr. Dorf was at a prominent New York law firm in its corporate department and practiced in the Boston headquarters of an international law firm.
Mr. Dorf’s representative engagements include:
- a publicly traded pharmaceutical and chemical company’s acquisition of a generic drug business for approximately $400 million
- a publicly traded provider of board portals and other software products in its acquisition by a leading private equity firm for more than $600 million
- a publicly traded cosmetics company in multiple acquisitions and joint venture transactions, including joint ventures in South Korea and Australia
- a financial sponsor in multiple investment rounds in a provider of live online speech therapy, occupational therapy, and behavior and mental health services for K-12 students
- a public company as the buyer in a carve out transaction
- a financial sponsor in its acquisition of a provider of continuing medical education from a publicly traded pharmaceutical company
- a financial sponsor in its acquisition of a data transport provider.