Randall G. Quick has represented a wide variety of clients, including private educational institutions, museums, public entities, private developers and corporate owners, as well as design professionals and contractors.
Practice & Background
Mr. Quick’s practice concentrates on agreements relating to the construction, development, management and operation of real estate projects as well as such other diverse endeavors as utility cogeneration agreements, hotel management agreements, restaurant and food service agreements, easement agreements, equipment purchases, and demolition contracts.
Mr. Quick’s representative engagements include:
- representation of private owners with regard to the design and construction of high rise office buildings in various central business districts, including projects in Fort Worth, Texas and Washington DC
- preparation and negotiation of agreements for design, construction management, interior design, furniture acquisition, security and food services, and the coordination of construction and design agreements with development agreements, loan documents and build-to-suit leases
- representation of owners with regard to the design and construction of various art museums, a museum of science and history, and a museum dedicated to the history of the American cowgirl, including the negotiation of agreements with the architects, consultants and contractors, as well as agreements encompassing certain aspects more specific to the design, construction and operations of a museum, such as restaurant operations, security systems, archival storage systems, film productions and the design and construction of exhibits
- representation of the owner with regard to the construction of major projects and ongoing operations at a nationally renowned public zoo, including the preparation of agreements for the design and construction of exhibits and facilities, film production agreements for documentaries included in the exhibits and management agreements for food service operations
- representation of the owner with regard to the preparation and negotiation of a food services agreement with a national food and beverage management company to provide concessions and operate restaurants at an outdoor theme park
- representation of the owner with regard to the preparation and negotiation of a food services agreement with a national food and beverage management company to operate a restaurant and provide catering services at a world renowned art museum
- representation of owners with respect to the construction of industrial manufacturing facilities, including the preparation and negotiation of agreements for design and construction and the purchase and installation of major equipment components procured both in the United States and from overseas
- representation of a project manager/developer with regard to the development and construction of an aircraft assembly facility and related offices, including the preparation and negotiation of an agreement with the owner for project management and construction of the facility
- representation of the owner with respect to the design and construction of major computer data centers, including the preparation and negotiation of the design agreement with architects and consultants, guaranteed maximum price agreements with the general contractors, agreements for the provision and installation of major equipment components and easements for the provision of utilities and communications
- representation of an oil field operator with respect to the design, construction and operations of an in-field water treatment plant, including the negotiation of design-build and management agreements with the contractor
- representation of owners with respect to the construction and management of multi-family housing projects, including design agreements with architects, engineers and other consultants; agreements to construct the projects, easements and agreements for utilities, communications and cable television; and property management agreements to provide long-term management and operation of the projects
- Representation of owners with respect to the construction of various mixed-use projects that include facilities for retail sales, office space and multifamily housing, including agreements with architects, engineers and other consultants, and guaranteed maximum price agreements for the construction of the facilities.
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Tarrant County Bar Association, Fellow
- State Bar of Texas – Construction Law and Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law sections