Rebekah M. Jones is counsel in the firm’s investment management practice. Her practice focuses on assisting clients on a broad range of corporate, securities, regulatory and compliance issues.
Ms. Jones counsels clients, including sovereign wealth investors, private equity firms, multinational corporations (MNCs), and other investors operating globally, with international investment decisions and related corporate matters, including mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, securities regulation and other strategic transactions. She regularly conducts due diligence reviews on international trade and other regulatory related issues during M&A and divestitures, including private equity transactions.
Ms. Jones’s representative matters include:
- advising a sovereign wealth fund in its potential investment in the U.S. entertainment industry
- providing advice and counsel to a sovereign wealth fund related to its CFIUS strategy
- analyzing potential CFIUS implications and successfully managing CFIUS review of various mergers and divestitures in the aerospace and defense industry
- conducting due diligence for a private equity firm concerning anticorruption and trade-related matters for investments in India, China and Malaysia, and evaluation of compliance policies
- representing a global real estate private equity firm in establishing FCPA compliance procedures and providing training related to FCPA compliance