Rehan M. Safiullah’s practice involves all aspects of intellectual property (IP) litigation and prosecution, with a focus on patent litigation matters. He is currently a member of the Houston office’s diversity committee.
Practice & Background
Mr. Safiullah has been involved with matters in a variety of industries, including telecommunications, technology, energy and academia. He has also handled patent prosecutions relating to physics, electronics, and oil and gas-related inventions, and he has counseled clients on IP matters arising in connection with transactions.
Mr. Safiullah received his J.D. cum laude in 2008 from Texas Tech University School of Law, where he was a member of the Board of Barristers.Mr. Safiullah received his B.S.E.E. magna cum laude with an emphasis on computers, from the University of Houston in 2005. During his studies, he was engaged in undergraduate research relating to aperture array lithography for medical applications.
Mr. Safiullah’s recent experience includes:
- defense of a major electronics company in a patent infringement matter against a competitor relating to HD television technology
- defense of a large telecommunications technology company in a patent infringement matter relating to voice communications protocols
- defense of a major technology company in a patent infringement matter relating to online video services
- defense of a large network provider in a patent infringement matter relating to telephony and telecommunications technology
- defense of a technology company in a patent infringement matter relating to television set-top box technology
- defense of large oil and gas production companies in several patent infringement matters
- defense of an educational institution in a complex patent inventorship dispute involving high-temperature superconducting compositions and materials.