- Concentrates on executive compensation, employee benefits, Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), tax-exempt organizations and related federal tax matters.
Robin Schachter represents employers and executives on employment and compensation arrangements; he designs and implements qualified retirement plans, nonqualified deferred compensation and incentive compensation arrangements, equity and other executive compensation arrangements; and welfare, fringe benefit and health plans.
- Represented Diamondback Energy, Inc. in its acquisition of Energen Corporation. This was an all-stock transaction valued at approximately $9.2 billion, including Energen’s net debt of
$830 million as of June 30, 2018.
- Advised VCA Inc. in its acquisition by Mars, Incorporated for approximately $9.1 billion. As part of the transaction, VCA joined Mars Petcare, one of the world’s leading petcare providers.
- Assisted GEP Administrative Services, dba Entertainment Partners, in its acquisition of EP Canada and Canada Film Capital, the leading providers of entertainment payroll and tax incentive services in Canada.
- Counseled Entertainment Partners in its acquisition of substantially all of the assets of a competitor, Ease Entertainment Services LLC and subsidiaries, in the entertainment payroll and services business.
- Advised various clients in ESOP and executive compensation matters.
Public Service and Affiliations