Russell W. Parks, Jr., has over 40 years of experience in the corporate and securities, mergers and acquisitions, private equity and financial structuring fields.
Practice & Background
Mr. Parks has structured, negotiated and documented a wide array of complex, multimillion and multibillion-dollar transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, public offerings and private placements of debt and equity securities, restructurings and recapitalizations, asset sales and purchases, exchange offers, workouts, leveraged buyouts, management buyouts and privatizations.
Prior to joining Akin Gump in 1983, Mr. Parks held various in-house counsel positions with several publicly traded corporations focused on oil and gas exploration, production and transportation, petroleum refining and marketing, mining and heavy equipment, and specialty chemicals.
Mr. Parks’ experience includes:
- numerous leveraged buyout, going-private, control purchase, restructuring and sale transactions for private equity sponsors and Fortune 500 companies of public and private domestic and multinational companies in the manufacturing, high-tech, retail (including fast food, gasoline station/convenience stores, grocery stores, fuel delivery and sporting goods), transportation, communications, assisted living/skilled nursing and energy industries, and financings involving senior secured bank facilities, private placements and public offerings of high-yield debt and equity securities
- representation of Middle Eastern interests in multibillion-dollar investments in the United States
- representation of network-affiliated independent television group broadcasters, including with respect to numerous TV station acquisition and disposition transactions
- participation in numerous restructurings and reorganizations
- privatization of the telephone company of Puerto Rico in a leveraged recapitalization; privatization of the steamship authority of Puerto Rico; first-stage privatization of the oil and gas industry in Argentina
- complex, multibillion-dollar, highly structured financing transactions involving transportation equipment and other assets.