- Advises on federal income tax planning, structuring and negotiating key tax deal points in joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions and private equity principally in the renewable energy infrastructure industries.
- Significant experience advising on the U.S. federal income taxation of partnerships, including structuring, negotiating and drafting associated documentation.
- Previously served as tax counsel at a Fortune 500 energy company.
Sam Kamyans advises clients on federal income tax planning and negotiates key tax deal points in a wide array of transactions, with a particular focus on renewable energy infrastructure transactions. In addition, he has significant experience negotiating and advising domestic and international taxpayers on both the buy-side and sell-side of mergers and acquisitions.
- Represented a non-U.S. developer in its acquisition of the rights to develop a 696 MW solar project in Childress, Texas.
- Represented a Fortune 500 company in negotiating and closing on its first ever tax equity partnership interest for a utility scale solar project.
- Represented LVMH in its $3.2 billion acquisition of luxury hotel group Belmond Ltd.
- Represented a non-U.S. based airline in connection with negotiating and structuring the redevelopment of multiple terminals at JFK airport.
- Represented Lightsource, a major European renewables company, in connection with receiving a significant investment by BP and expanding its U.S. renewable operations.
Public Service and Affiliations