Sean Gurgle is a member of the firm’s corporate and securities practice.
Practice & Background
Mr. Gurgle advises clients in a diverse range of industries on capital markets and corporate governance matters. He has represented issuers and underwriters on a variety of public and private capital market transactions, including equity offerings, high-yield and investment-grade debt offerings, restructurings, tender offers, and exchange offers.
Mr. Gurgle also regularly counsels public companies on corporate governance issues, NYSE and NASDAQ rules and regulations, and compliance with periodic reporting obligations under the U.S. federal securities laws.
Mr. Gurgle received his B.A. in Economics in 2002 from Yale University and his J.D. and M.B.A. in Finance in 2006 from The Ohio State University, where he served as Articles Editor of the Ohio State Law Journal. Mr. Gurgle is a member of the State Bar of Texas.
- advised a public ready-mix concrete producer in connection with its offering of $400 million of senior notes in a Rule 144A offering and the subsequent exchange offer, and a subsequent $200 million add-on.
- advised a public homebuilder in connection with its first public offering of common stock.
- advised a public domestic and international motion picture exhibitor in connection with its offering of $400 million of senior notes in a Rule 144A offering and the subsequent exchange offer.
- advised a public utility holding company in connection with its contemporaneous public offerings of 2,500,000 equity units, 9,000,000 shares of common stock, and $625 million of senior notes in three classes.
Awards & Accolades
- Recognized as a Texas Rising Star by Super Lawyers (2017)