Shania Tsang is an associate in Akin Gump's Hong Kong office.
Practice & Background
Qualified in both Hong Kong and New York, Ms. Tsang has experience advising on corporate finance, cross-border mergers and acquisitions and joint venture transactions, and debt and equity investments in Asia.
Ms. Tsang obtained her LL.B. and P.C.L.L. from the University of Hong Kong. She subsequently pursued an LL.M. from Columbia Law School where she was named a Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar.
Prior to working at Akin Gump, Ms. Tsang worked at another leading global law firm.
Ms. Tsang’s recent engagements include:
- representing a Chinese investment fund on its formation of a joint venture with a US-based fund for their US$1 billion investments
- representing a Chinese investment fund on its investment in redeemable bonds issued by a Hong Kong listed company
- representing a Chinese state-owned enterprise on its US$1.5 billion internal restructuring involving a number of private and publicly listed subsidiaries in multiple jurisdictions
- representing a Hong Kong listed medical device company on expanding its cross-border strategic alliance with a NYSE listed company through a series of transactions in the total amount of US$667 million
- representing a Hong Kong listed company on its public takeover
- representing private and publicly listed companies on their debt and equity financing activities in Hong Kong
- advising private and publicly listed companies in Hong Kong on compliance and regulatory matters