- Advises on all aspects of U.K. corporate tax.
- Particular experience with financial restructurings.
Sophie Donnithorne-Tait advises on all aspects of U.K. corporate tax. She has particular experience in the tax implications of U.K. and EU financial restructurings.
- Provided tax advice in connection with the financial restructuring and administration of Iona Energy Company (UK) plc.
- Represented the bondholders of First Oil and Xcite Energy (North Sea oil companies) in relation to the tax implications of financial restructurings.
- Advised the mezzanine lenders in the debt restructuring of Northgate Information Solutions, a privately owned, U.K.-based software systems group that provides human resources management services.
- Assisted Torm A/S, a Danish shipping company listed on NASDAQ Copenhagen, on its inversion to the United Kingdom and potential dual listing on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Counseled Old Mutual plc and OM Asset Management plc on the initial public offering, New York Stock Exchange listing and U.K. inversion of Old Mutual’s $2 billion asset management business.
Public Service and Affiliations