Stacey R. Eisenstein represents employers in all aspects of labor and employment law.
Practice & Background
Ms. Eisenstein has experience handling a variety of complex matters before state and federal courts and administrative agencies including the National Labor Relations Board, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs. Ms. Eisenstein regularly represents employers in arbitrations involving contract and labor disputes and routinely counsels companies on a broad range of labor and employment issues including wage and hour matters, employment agreements and policies, leave and disability laws, negotiation and administration of collective bargaining agreements, discrimination and harassment issues and reductions-in-force. Her clients include employers in the retail, technology and professional sports industries.
Ms. Eisenstein’s recent representations include:
- following a several month trial and subsequent appeals, obtaining dismissal of several unfair labor practice charges filed against a large retail company in New York
- successfully defending a professional sports league in federal court to obtain summary judgment in a player’s challenge to an arbitration award upholding his suspension for violation of the league’s anti-doping policy
- obtaining multiple arbitration awards and federal court decisions on behalf of professional sports teams requiring former players to comply with the terms of their contracts
- representation of a retail company in a claim alleging systemic race discrimination in promotions.
Awards & Accolades
- Akin Gump’s sports practice named as Law360 Sports Practice Group of the Year in 2016.
- Akin Gump’s labor and employment practice named as Law360 Employment Practice Group of the Year four times in the past seven years, including in 2009, 2013, 2015 and 2016.
- Recognized by The Legal 500 United States 2017 as a leader in the category of Labor & Employment.