- Litigates and advises clients on complex labor and employment matters, with a focus on the sports industry.
- Handles high-profile litigation and arbitrations.
- Handles benefits and other Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (ERISA) disputes
Stacey Eisenstein regularly represents employers in high profile and significant arbitrations involving contract and labor disputes.
- Defeated several claims by professional athletes seeking to overturn team and league discipline in arbitrations and federal courts.
- Negotiated and drafted a collective bargaining agreement for a professional sports league.
- Successfully defended a professional sports league in federal court to obtain summary judgment in a player’s challenge to an arbitration award upholding his suspension for violation of the league’s anti-doping policy.
- Successfully defended a professional sports league in ERISA claims brought by former players seeking to overturn disability benefit determinations.
- Obtained a dismissal of a player’s claim that his team’s medical staff had failed to provide adequate warning of his medical condition.
Public Service and Affiliations