- Practice focuses on all aspects of corporate tax.
Stuart Sinclair represents clients in domestic and international restructurings and reorganizations, mergers and acquisitions, structured finance arrangements and financial instruments. He also advises on a broad range of investment fund matters, including the formation of funds and asset management businesses and the structuring of transactions entered into by funds.
- Represented the noteholders in the €1.3 billion financial restructuring of the Quinn Group, one of the largest multijurisdictional corporate groups in Ireland.
- Advised a U.S.-based distressed debt firm in connection with the restructuring of £500 million of debt in Crest Nicholson Holdings Limited, the parent of one of the United Kingdom’s largest house builder groups.
- Acted on behalf of a worldwide bondholder group in respect of the nationalization and restructuring of three major Icelandic banks: Kaupthing, Landsbanki and Glitnir.
- Advised the mezzanine consortium headed by Apollo, Cerberus, Park Square Capital and Goldman Sachs on the £2.6 billion restructuring of Britain’s largest betting and gaming group, the Gala Coral Group.
- Represented an ad hoc committee of senior secured noteholders in the debt restructuring and English law administration sale of Wind Hellas, a Greek telecommunications company.