- First chaired more than a dozen trials, arbitrations and international arbitrations in complex, high-stakes commercial matters.
- Clients include global players in the entertainment, media, telecommunications, hospitality and energy sectors.
- Instructor in trial advocacy skills in California and abroad.
Susan Leader brings intense focus and well-honed trial skills to bear in sophisticated, highly consequential litigation and arbitration. Her clients cover a wide range of sectors, including telecommunications, media, entertainment, energy, retail, hospitality and aerospace.
- Representing a Korean fashion company in a high profile fraud action relating to a music video scam.
- Representing a lifestyle and entertainment brand in a litigation against a cryptocurrency technology company alleging fraud, breach of contract and unauthorized use of intellectual property.
- Representing a premier hotel owner and developer in litigation against unions alleging RICO, Sherman Act and Labor Management Relations Act violations based on a pattern of sham litigation, extortion, threats and intimidation.
- Representing a Chinese company engaged in film financing, distribution and production in various disputes related to film production. These include an engagement relating to a joint production agreement for a Chinese film. Achieved a favorable result and an award of significant damages to the client.
- Counseling a leading telecommunications company in various employment-related matters, including an employment class action suit alleging independent contractor misclassification.
Public Service and Affiliations