Sydney Spector is an associate in the firm’s litigation practice.
Practice & Background
Ms. Spector’s has experience in a variety of areas, including securities and commercial litigation, as well as internal investigations and white collar defense.
Prior to joining Akin Gump, Ms. Spector served as a law clerk to the Honorable Helen Gillmor of the U.S. District Court for the District of Hawaii.
Ms. Spector received her J.D., with honors, from Emory School of Law in 2012. She served as a notes and comments editor on the Emory Law Journal and was a member of the Order of the Coif. Ms. Spector received her B.A. in 2006 from Columbia University. Before law school, Ms. Spector worked as a paralegal at the San Francisco Office of the Public Defender.
Ms. Spector’s recent representations include:
- representing limited partners to an investment fund in breach of contract action against the general partner
- defending an executive in connection with a government investigation into FCPA violations
- defending a private equity firm in a securities class action
- conducting an internal investigation regarding misuse of company assets
- defending a private equity firm in a derivative action related to a secondary offering
- defending an investment fund in a derivative action related to a company’s restructuring.