Practice & Background
Thiha Tun’s practice is primarily focused on private investment funds. He advises alternative asset fund sponsors, institutional investors and financial advisors on a broad range of issues, including fund formation and capital raisings, fund investments, secondary transactions, establishment of managed accounts, carried interest schemes, and co-investment arrangements as well as fund reorganizations and reconstructions.
He has represented fund managers as well as major investors on the organization of funds, club deals and customized investment solutions investing in private equity, real estate, infrastructure, renewable energy, cleantech and hedge asset classes.
A significant portion of Mr. Tun’s practice is focused on Indian and South East Asian fund sponsors as well as funds targeting Africa and Latin America. He was a member of the Technical Advisory Panel established by UK Trade & Investments and UK India Business Council on the Indian Government’s Infrastructure Debt Fund initiative.
In addition to advising clients on formation and capital raisings, Mr. Tun acts as regular ongoing counsel to fund managers, fund boards and investors on fund and fund-related regulatory and compliance matters.
- advised Sustainable Development Capital LLP on the establishment of UK Energy Efficiency Investments I LP
- advised La Compagnie Benjamin de Rothschild on the establishment of Amethis Finance Luxembourg and Amethis Africa Finance
- advised a large U.S. fund sponsor on the establishment of two investment clubs investing in U.K. and French real estate
- advised Lakestar on the establishment of Lakestar I, a fund investing in internet technology companies
- advised Asgaard Group Brazil on the establishment of Asgaard Navigation UK LLP, a club investing in shipping assets
- advised a Singaporean client on the establishment of a pan-Asian energy infrastructure club fund
- advised Tata Realty and Infrastructure on the establishment of Tata Realty Initiatives Fund I
- advised institutional investors on their investments in NIAM Nordic Fund IV and V, Baring Vostok Private Equity Fund V, Hines Russia and Poland Fund, AltaFund, EQT Fund V, 3i EuroFund V and Tishman Speyer European Ventures among others as well as the establishment of bespoke managed accounts to meet their investment needs
- advised Gulf International Bank on the establishment of GIB Emerging Markets Opportunities Fund.
Awards & Accolades
- Chambers UK, Investment Funds, 2015
- IFLR1000, Investment Funds, 2014
- Who’s Who Legal, Private Funds.