Thomas Mawson practices in the corporate group, focusing on public and private mergers and acquisitions (including corporate restructures), equity capital markets, private equity transactions and general corporate advisory.
Practice & Background
Mr. Mawson joined Akin Gump in 2017, having previously been an associate at a leading Australian law firm. Mr. Mawson was admitted as a solicitor in New South Wales, Australia, in 2013.
Mr. Mawson received his LLB (Honours Class I), BA (awarded with Distinction) and Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice from the University of Wollongong in 2013.
Mr. Mawson’s experience includes:
- advising on a scheme of arrangement and acquisition of port services businesses
- advising on the sale of a financial planning business through a competitive dual-track sale process
- acting for the purchaser on an acquisition of a global fleet management business
- advising issuers and underwriters on capital markets transactions, including initial public offers, offers of securities, reinvestment offers and placements
- providing corporate governance advice to various corporate entities.