Practice & Background
Tom Laidler is a member of the litigation group. Mr. Laidler acts for a range of insolvency practitioners, financial institutions and investors on high-value, complex and cross-border disputes.
Mr Laidler’s recent engagements include:
- advising the administrators of African Minerals Limited
- advising a vessel owner on a London-seated LCIA arbitration of a US$500m dispute concerning a breach of a charter agreement
- advising a major US investment bank on its insolvency, including with regard to interests in its European subsidiary’s administration surplus
- advising the administrators in the special administration of a commodities brokerage, including with regard to the shortfall, client money, distribution, resolution and pensions applications, as well as various creditor claims
- advising the liquidators of an Antiguan bank, including with regard to proceedings against the Serious Fraud Office
- advising the professional trustees in “feeder fund” litigation relating to the Madoff fraud.