Vadim Kukushkin’s practice focuses on tax and finance issues for corporate and finance transactions, particularly in relation to cross-border mergers and acquisitions and project finance. He performs financial and tax due diligence in the course of sales and acquisitions of Russian companies. He also advises multinational and Russian companies on Russian and international tax issues, including tax-efficient structuring of investments in Russia; and tax structuring of business operations in Russia; as well as financial reporting issues.
Practice & Background
Prior to joining Akin Gump Mr. Kukushkin worked at major international consulting and legal firms in Moscow.
Mr. Kukushkin’s recent engagements include advising:
- on tax issues in connection with the purchase of shares in a top Russian telecommunication holding
- on the global restructuring of the largest Russian consumer electronics retail chain
- on tax issues in connection with the sale of shares in a top Russian insurance company
- on tax issues in connection with the sale of business by a leading international automotive manufacturer
- on tax issues in connection with purchase of a Canadian nickel producer by a largest producer of nickel and palladium
- on tax issues in connection with sale of shares in a Russian coal mining company
- on tax issues of a landmark sale of office buildings in Moscow
- in connection with global restructuring of international mining group.
Awards & Accolades
- The Best Lawyers 2017-2018 – ranked among top Customs and Excise lawyers in Russia