Vivian Tam is an associate in Akin Gump's Hong Kong office.
Practice & Background
Vivian Tam is an associate in the investment management practice, focusing on the formation of investment funds, including hedge funds, retail funds and private equity funds, and related licensing, regulatory and compliance matters.
Ms. Tam joined Akin Gump in 2015 and completed her training with the firm in 2017.
Ms. Tam’s recent engagements include:
- advising a Hong Kong asset manager with respect to compliance issues
- advising global investment advisors with respect to SFC license applications
- advising an asset manager in dealing with the SFC’s surveillance in relation to the manager’s investment products
- advising asset managers on the authorization of investment products for distribution to the Hong Kong retail public
- advising asset managers in connection with Hong Kong regulatory matters
- advising a U.S. hedge fund on regulatory issues and shareholder activism
- advising a corporate lender in relation to enforcement and recovery proceedings in Hong Kong and the People’s Republic of China.