Kitty Ng is an associate in Akin Gump's Singapore office.
She is engaged in the global energy transaction practice with a focus on mergers and acquisitions.
Practice & Background
Ms. Ng is a member of the global energy transaction practice. She has participated in a variety of cross-border corporate transactions, including M&A, joint ventures and debt and equity investment deals. In addition, Ms. Ng also advises companies on general corporate matters relating to reporting and disclosure issues and other corporate governance matters.
Ms. Ng’s recent engagements include advising:
- the audit committee of China Ming Yang Wing Power Group Limited in its approx. US$149 million acquisition of RENergy, China’s largest supplier of wind turbine generators components
- a major state-owned P.R.C. power company on its proposed acquisition of an Indonesia coal and power company
- a U.S. investment banking institution with respect to its Japanese joint venture project in the merchant cash advance business
- an Emirati investment fund with respect to its approx. US$6 billion acquisition of certain PRC real estate assets
- the investment arm of a Japanese telecommunications and internet company on its series A preferred stock investment in a cloud based data storage service provider
- the special committee of Autohome Inc. (NYSE: ATHM) with respect to a proposed going-private transaction
- a buyer consortium with respect to its approx. US$230 million acquisition of certain forestry assets from the Sino-Forest bankruptcy
- the investment arm of a Japanese telecommunications and internet company on its series C preferred stock investment in a cybersecurity firm
- the private equity arm of a P.R.C. policy bank on its controlling stake investment in a European pharmaceutical company
- a consortium the members of which included Chow Tai Fook Enterprises Limited on its $110 million acquisition of 63% of the outstanding shares in Greenheart Group Limited (SEHK:0094)
- a private equity fund on its investment in Vietnam in the food and beverage sector
- a Japanese advertising and public relations company in its acquisition of one of Asia’s leading independent communications agencies with offices in Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai, Singapore and Bangkok
- an investment fund on the restructuring of certain loan documentation
- a NASDAQ-listed entity in respect of certain corporate governance matters relating to its Hong Kong subsidiaries