Akin Gump Advises Gulfport Energy in Joint Venture with Rice Energy

(Dallas) – Gulfport Energy Corporation has executed a letter of intent with Rice Midstream Holdings, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Rice Energy, Inc., to form a midstream joint venture to develop natural gas gathering and water services assets to support Gulfport’s dry gas Utica Shale development in eastern Belmont County and Monroe County, Ohio. Akin Gump is advising Gulfport in the transaction.

Gulfport will own 25 percent of the joint venture and Rice will own the remaining 75 percent. Initial construction of the system is expected to begin immediately and first deliveries are planned for the middle of 2016.

Seth Molay, a partner in Akin Gump’s corporate practice, led the team advising Gulfport. Joining him were corporate partner Matt Zmigrosky, oil and gas partner Gabriel Procaccini and corporate counsel Matt Bivona.

Founded in 1945, Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP is a leading international law firm with more than 900 lawyers in offices throughout the United States, Europe, Asia and the Middle East.

 # # #