Akin Gump Among Leading Firms for M&A and Capital Markets Advisory Work
(New York) – Akin Gump has ranked among the top law firms for its advisory work in M&A and capital markets transactions during the first three quarters of 2013, as measured by several reporting agencies.
Of particular note, Akin Gump took the number five spot for M&A deals by value in Russia, according to Mergermarket. The firm was number six, according to Mergermarket, for its M&A advisory work by volume of deals in the southern United States, as previously noted by Texas Lawyer. Thomson Reuters placed the firm at number 10 for deals completed by value with any UK involvement.
Bloomberg, whose rankings are limited to the third quarter, and Thomson Reuters also ranked Akin Gump in the top 20 in several other regions and areas, including:
- U.S. Announced Deals – Counsel to Principals (Bloomberg)
- Advisors on M&A deals of undisclosed value greater than $500 million by volume (Thomson Reuters)
- Advisors on M&A deals of undisclosed value greater than $500 million by value (Thomson Reuters)
- U.S. Equity Issuer Advisors (Bloomberg)
- U.S. Equity Issuer Offerings Manager Advisors – IPO (Bloomberg)
- U.S. High-Yield Issuer Advisors (Bloomberg)
Founded in 1945, Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP is a leading international law firm with more than 850 attorneys in offices throughout the United States, Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
# # #