Akin Gump Lawyers and Practices Recognized in The Legal 500 UK
(London) – Akin Gump has been recognized in The Legal 500 United Kingdom 2017 guide, The Legal 500’s annual, independent guide that ranks individual law firm practices and lawyers and provides editorial analysis of law firms operating in the United Kingdom.
In the category of Finance, Akin Gump is ranked for the third straight year as a top-tier firm for corporate restructuring and insolvency. It is noted as one of “the very best restructuring law firms in Europe,” with practice co-heads James Roome and Barry Russell, both ranked as Leading Individuals and described, respectively, as a “superstar” and “very experienced and practical.” Other recommended partners include James Terry (a “market leader”), Neil Devaney (“highly intelligent” and “technically brilliant on difficult structures and legal problems”), Liz Osborne (“pragmatic and focused”), Tom Bannister (“very cool and measured under pressure”) and Emma Simmonds (“excellent”).
Other areas in Finance in which Akin Gump has been ranked include:
- Bank Lending: investment grade debt and syndicated loans
- Debt capital markets
- Emerging markets
- Akin Gump is “a strong name for emerging markets [debt capital markets] work.”
- Mr. Aulsebrook, noted for his “ability to provide top-quality service on a wide range of financing transactions,” Ms. Hearn and partner Daniel Walsh are recommended.
- Counsel Jonathan Pico is listed as a Next Generation Lawyer.
- Akin Gump has a “superb, responsive and helpful” team.
- Ms. Smith is recommended for her “strong technical ability, breadth of knowledge across capital markets and an understanding of the regulatory constraints to provide a holistic view of a transaction.”
For corporate and commercial work, Akin Gump is ranked in the following practice areas:
- Corporate tax
- EU & competition
- Financial services (contentious and non-contentious)
- M&A: upper mid-market and premium deals, £250m+
- Private equity: transactions (Large-cap)
- Trade, WTO, anti-dumping, and customs
For dispute resolution, Akin Gump is ranked in the following practice areas:
- Banking litigation: investment and retail
- Commercial litigation
- International arbitration
- Messrs. Larizadeh, Williams and Hornshaw are all recommended, as is Hamish Lal, who offers “an unparalleled degree of business acumen.”
For investment fund formation and management, Akin Gump is ranked in the following practice areas:
- Hedge funds – ranked
- Private funds – ranked
- Mr. Holton and partner Thiha Tun are recommended.
For projects, energy and natural resources, Akin Gump is ranked in the following practice areas:
- Oil and gas
- Construction: contentious
- Mr. Lal is recommended, with the firm being noted as a natural choice for disputes with “high levels of factual, technical and legal sophistication.”
Founded in 1945, Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP is a leading international law firm with more than 900 lawyers in offices throughout the United States, Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
# # #