Akin Gump Receives Top Rankings in 2014 League Tables for M&A, Capital Markets and Restructuring Work
(New York) – Akin Gump has once again ranked among the top law firms for its advisory work in M&A, capital markets and restructuring transactions in 2014, as measured by several reporting agencies.
Akin Gump placed in the top five firms in the following M&A categories:
- Energy Deals by value (Bloomberg)
- Deals by value in Russia (Mergermarket)
- Deals by value in the Middle East and North Africa (Thomson Reuters)
- Deals by value in the CEE (Mergermarket)
The firm received a top 10 ranking for legal advisors on high-yield offerings, according to Prospect News, and a top 20 ranking for Middle Market M&A by value of deals, according to Thomson Reuters. It also garnered a top 20 placement in the following two areas:
- Deals by volume U.S. equity issuer advisers (Bloomberg)
- Deals by value U.S. equity offerings issuer advisers (IPO) (Bloomberg)
With regard to Akin Gump’s restructuring work, the firm finished 2014 with a strong fourth quarter in active bankruptcy cases, ranking second during the three-month period with $1073.1 billion in liabilities, according to The Deal. Financial restructuring partner Danny Golden was among the top five individual lawyers by volume.
Debtwire also placed Akin Gump among the top firms for Latin America legal advisor mandates.
Founded in 1945, Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP is a leading international law firm with more than 900 lawyers in offices throughout the United States, Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
# # #