Houston Business Journal Publishes Article by Procaccini and Lee Examining Gulf of Mexico Drilling
“What to expect in Gulf of Mexico drilling in 2014,” an article by Akin Gump partner Gabriel Procaccini and associate Parker Lee, has been published by the Houston Business Journal.
The article discusses five important things to know about energy developments in the Gulf of Mexico, which the authors characterize as “one of the hottest plays in energy”:
- Watch for well results in the deep- and ultra-deep water Gulf of Mexico
- Expect an increased Gulf rig count
- 2014 auctions should attract significant interest
- Emerging technology is revolutionizing Gulf of Mexico E&P activity
- Gulf Coast infrastructure.
In discussing the Gulf of Mexico’s high profile in energy development, Procaccini and Lee note that “[s]trong demand for acreage, especially deep- and ultra-deepwater positions, drove bids to record highs during the 2013 Bureau of Ocean Energy Management auctions.”