IFLR1000 Ranks Akin Gump Among Leading Firms Globally
(New York) – International Financial Law Review, in its 2015 edition of the IFLR1000, has ranked Akin Gump among the top law firms in several regions worldwide for its financial and corporate work. In addition to the firm’s ranking in a variety of practice areas for the U.K.; Russia; Latin America; Hong Kong; sub-Saharan Africa; and the United States, Akin Gump Moscow partner in charge Natalia Baratiants, corporate partner Ilya Rybalkin and oil and gas partner Rich Wilkie were noted as “Leading Lawyers” in Russia.
The firm was ranked in the following areas by region:
- Bank lending: borrower and lender side
- Capital markets: debit and equity
- Financial restructuring
- Financial services regulatory: contentious and non-contentious
- Investment funds: hedge funds
- Private equity
- Restructuring: bond holder and fund representation
- Capital markets: equity
- Project finance
- Latin America:
- Energy and infrastructure: corporate, disputes and finance
- Hong Kong:
- Sub-Saharan Africa:
- Energy and infrastructure: corporate and disputes
- Hedge funds
- Private equity funds
- Restructuring and insolvency
The IFLR1000 is an annual guide to the world’s leading corporate and financial law firms in which the rankings are based on its own independent research.
Founded in 1945, Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP is a leading international law firm with more than 900 attorneys in offices throughout the United States, Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
# # #