The Hedge Fund Law Report Covers Akin Gump Insider Trading Panel
The Hedge Fund Law Report wrote extensively about Akin Gump’s annual private investment funds conference and one of its panels, which focused on insider trading enforcement.
The publication reports that the discussion, moderated by Akin Gump securities enforcement and litigation practice head James Benjamin, covered the following topics:
- new enforcement and prosecution tactics
- the risks of gathering research through sell-side analysts, buy-side firms, expert networks, political intelligence firms, channel checking firms and meetings with current and former employees of companies
- insider trading beyond U.S. borders
- CFTC regulation of insider trading
- five strategies for effectively mitigating insider trading risks.
The other speakers on the panel were Akin Gump partners Michael Asaro, Douglas Rappaport and Steven Reich.