The Legal 500 EMEA Recognizes Akin Gump Lawyers and Practices
(Washington, D.C.) – The Legal 500 EMEA 2017 has recognized several Akin Gump practices and lawyers in the firm’s London, Frankfurt, Geneva, Moscow, Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Washington, D.C. offices as leaders in their respective fields.
The Legal 500 EMEA provides ranking and analysis of law firms working in Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
The firm is ranked, and Washington, D.C.-based partner Daniel Feldman is recommended.
Akin Gump is ranked and noted as providing “‘excellence across the board,’ ‘breadth of skills,’ ‘nimbleness’ and ‘clarity’ of advice.” Partners John LaMaster, Sebastian Rice and Thomas Trimble are recommended.
The firm is ranked in the category of Restructuring and insolvency – Restructuring.
Akin Gump is ranked and noted as “providing ‘high-level’ advice on landmark deals and projects in Iraq.” Dubai-based partner Marc Hammerson and Abu Dhabi-based senior counsel Shawn Davis are recommended.
For Russia, Akin Gump is recommended in the following practice areas, and the noted partners are singled out for recommendation:
Banking and finance: Borrower side
– Partner Dmitry Shiryaev is recommended.
Commercial, corporate and M&A: Moscow
Dispute resolution: Arbitration & Mediation
– Partner Ilya Rybalkin is recommended.
Energy and natural resources
– Ms. Baratiants, Mr. Rybalkin and partner Alexey Kondratchik are recommended.
– Ms. Baratiants, who is the partner in charge of Akin Gump’s Moscow office, is also singled out as a “leading individual.”
Real estate and construction
– Mr. Gortsunyan and Mr. Kouznetsov are recommended.
– Mr. Kouznetsov and partner Svetlana Volevich are recommended.
The firm is ranked in the category of WTO, and senior counsel Alan Yanovich is recommended.
UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
For the UAE, where the firm maintains offices in Abu Dhabi and Dubai, Akin Gump is recommended in the following practice areas, and the noted lawyers are singled out for recommendation:
Commercial, corporate and M&A
– Mr. Hammerson, Ms. Kohne, Mr. Davis and partner Hamish Lal—noted as “a top-class technical lawyer with a breadth of strategic thinking”—are recommended.
Energy and infrastructure
– Mr. Salloum, Mr. Hammerson and Mr. Davis—the latter noted as being “not only knowledgeable but also willing to go the extra mile to serve his client and help safeguard its interests”—are recommended.
Founded in 1945, Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP is a leading international law firm with more than 900 lawyers in offices throughout the United States, Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
# # #