The Legal 500 Recognizes Akin Gump Lawyers and Practices in Asia
(Hong Kong) – The Legal 500, in its The Legal 500 Asia-Pacific 2016, has recognized a number of Akin Gump practices and individuals in the firm’s Beijing, Hong Kong and Singapore offices as being among the leaders in their respective fields. The Legal 500 Asia-Pacific is an annual, independent guide that provides ranking and editorial analysis of law firms operating in the legal marketplaces of 18 Asia-Pacific jurisdictions.
In China, Akin Gump is ranked in category of “Corporate (M&A): Foreign Firms,” and Beijing partner in charge William Rosoff is recommended.
In Hong Kong, Akin Gump is ranked in the following practice areas:
- Corporate (including M&A)
- Investment funds
- Akin Gump is “excellent” and has a “highly proactive” team that “goes the extra mile.”
- Anne-Marie Godfrey is recommended and noted as a ‘business savvy’ practitioner who ‘knows the funds world inside out.’
- Associate Tamilia Chiu is recognized among the guide’s Next Generation Lawyers—a list of U.S. leading junior lawyers in their respective practices.
- Restructuring and insolvency
In Singapore, Akin Gump is ranked in category of “Investment Funds: Foreign Firms” and partner in charge of the firm’s Singapore office Robert Griffin and senior counsel Divya Thakur are recommended.
Founded in 1945, Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP is a leading international law firm with more than 900 lawyers in offices throughout the United States, Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
# # #