Turnarounds & Workouts Selects 11 Akin Gump Matters for “Successful Restructurings – 2017” Feature
(New York) – Turnarounds & Workouts has recognized Akin Gump for its work on 11 of last year’s top successful financial restructurings, giving it more mentions than any other firm. In addition, the firm was involved with two other matters cited in the publication’s “Successful Restructurings – 2017” feature.
The matters for which Akin Gump was highlighted, along with the lead partners, are:
- Adeptus Health Inc. – Counsel to Creditors’ Committee (David Botter and Sarah Schultz)
- Avaya Inc. – Counsel to First Lien Creditors (Ira Dizengoff, Abid Qureshi and Philip Dublin)
- CHC Group, Ltd. – Counsel to Noteholder Group (Michael Stamer, Mr. Qureshi and James Savin)
- EMAS Chiyoda Subsea Limited, et al. – Counsel to Creditors’ Committee (Charles Gibbs and Ms. Schultz)
- Erickson Inc. – Counsel to Ad Hoc Noteholder Group (Brad Kahn and Scott Alberino)
- Gymboree Corp. – Counsel to Ad Hoc Noteholder Group
- Jack Cooper Holdings Corp. – Counsel to Senior Noteholder Group (Daniel Golden and Lisa Beckerman)
- SunEdison, Inc. – Counsel to Second Lien Noteholders & Lenders (Arik Preis)
- Total Safety International – Counsel to Lenders (Mr. Preis)
- True Religion Apparel, Inc. – Counsel to Ad Hoc Lending Group (Mr. Preis)
- Vanguard Natural Resources, LLC – Counsel to Creditors’ Committee (Mr. Stamer, Mr. Qureshi and Meredith Lahaie)
Founded in 1945, Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP is a leading international law firm with more than 900 lawyers in offices throughout the United States, Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
# # #