Transactions that may raise public policy or political issues in the United States require development of public policy campaigns. These efforts must take place in close coordination with the public announcement—and subsequent regulatory review of the transaction—by appropriate agencies of the U.S. government.
- Merger of major fast-food restaurant companies involving relocation of combined corporate headquarters.
- Combination of two leading event ticket sales and distribution companies.
- Foreign-entity acquisition of a U.S. oil refinery.
- Sovereign wealth fund investments in U.S. aerospace services and financial trading platforms.
- Merger of two major U.S. energy firms.