Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP’s Nordic team is based in London and works in tandem with lawyers in our extensive network of offices throughout Europe, Asia and the United States.
Our team advises on a variety of matters in the Nordic region and for Nordic-based clients and draws on the firm’s sophisticated debt and equity capital markets, finance, investment funds, international trade, M&A, financial restructuring, litigation and arbitration practices.
We have a prestigious history in the region and have advised on Nordic matters for over two decades, which has helped us form long-standing relationships with leading financial market participants and local law firms. We have significant experience in many sectors critical to the Nordic region, including energy, offshore services, power, mining, telecoms, shipping and retail.
Some of our key achievements include:
- advised on many of the initial Norwegian Rule 144A/Regulation S global offerings when this vast institutional market was first established in the early 1990s
- represented Nordic and international investment banks and issuers in connection with billions of dollars of equity and debt financings, including rights offerings, high-yield debt exchange offers, IPOs and secured debt refinancing transactions
- represented U.S. private equity firms in their portfolio acquisitions in the Nordic region
- represented Nordic-based clients on many of their most strategic and significant cross-border M&A transactions
- advised multinational natural resource companies on operations and investments in the region
- represented energy, E&P, offshore services and shipping companies in significant capital markets and M&A transactions, including public tender offers
- represented clients in international arbitration and disputes matters including Nordic parties.