Alan D. Feld, P.C. is one of four senior executive partners at the firm.
Practice & Background
Mr. Feld joined Akin Gump in 1960 and has more than 40 years of experience in corporate finance and securities law and a variety of other business transactions. He was appointed by the governor to the Texas State Securities Board in 1985 and served as the board’s chairman through 1991. In 1998 he was honored by the Southern Methodist University School of Law with the establishment of the Alan D. Feld Professorship.
Mr. Feld is presently chairman of the Southern Methodist University School of Law’s executive board. He has served on the American Bar Association Commission on Opportunities for Minorities in its Profession and is a member of the American Bar Association, the State Bar of Texas, the District of Columbia Bar, the Texas Bar Foundation and the Dallas Bar Association.
Additionally, Mr. Feld has been a lecturer at the Southwestern Medical School and Practicing Law Institute and was a member of the board of directors of the Dallas Citizens Council. Mr. Feld is a trustee of the American Beacon Funds and a member of the board of trustees of Southern Methodist University, where he is also chairman of the audit committee of the board of trustees. He served on the board of directors of Clear Channel Communications, Inc. (NYSE) and Center-Point Properties, Inc. (NYSE).
Mr. Feld’s community, civic and charitable activities include:
- board of visitors member for UT Southwestern University Hospitals and Clinics
- board of visitors member for the University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center
- former board of trustees member of Timberlawn Psychiatric Research Foundation
- former board of trustees member of Dallas Symphony Orchestra
- former board of trustees member of Brandeis University
- former board of trustees member of the Association for Retarded Citizens.